Igor Vasiliev has announced the release of AltiSpace 2, an update to the convolution reverb app with advanced controls that provides realistic sounding natural acoustic space or vintage reverb devices for any track or mix.
A convolution reverb takes a captured sample (called an impulse response) from a real-world space or real hardware and uses this to digitally simulate the reverberation of that space or device down to the last detail and nuance. Because it is sampled, not synthesized, convolution reverb is known for its stunning realism, and it is widely considered to be the best type of reverb. However, unlike the more common algorithmic reverbs, convolution reverbs usually does not have much control over the reverberation process.
But AltiSpace, in addition to the ability to load your own impulse response files and a built-in library of the most interesting vintage reverb device presets, has advanced settings such as EQ, gate, ducking, modulation and more. You can change the original impulse response parameters to something completely new and then save it as a new preset.
AltiSpace 2 features
- Ability to import your own impulse response files.
- Built-in library of presets from the most interesting hardware reverbs.
- Convenient preset manager with the ability to group presets.
- Presets can be marked as favorites for display in the favorites group.
- Reverb can work with a stereo or mono input and convert it to stereo.
- Add dynamic noise before reverb for a more natural sound.
- The gate allows you to turn on the reverb when the threshold is exceeded.
- The ducking allows you to turn off the reverb when the threshold is exceeded.
- Sets the minimum reverb level for Gate and Ducking modes.
- Equalizer with high and low cut filters in chain before or after reverb.
- Changing the time (length) of the current impulse response.
- Sets the pre-delay time of the signal before reverb.
- Experimental feature to change the pitch of the impulse response.
- Amplifying early or late reflections.
- Adjusts the stereo image before the reverb.
- Haas effect for adding stereo space to a mono signal.
- Sets the depth and freq of modulation the signal before reverb.
- Mixing dry / wet signal and adjusting the output level.
- Input and output level meters.
- Indicators of possible input clipping for standalone.
- Prevents any output clipping for standalone.
- Built-in full description of all controls.
AltiSpace 2 is available for purchase for $6.99 USD at the App Store.
More information: Motion Soundscape