MPC-Samples has announced the release of MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio: Sampling Laid Bare, the first in a series of tutorial books from MPC-Tutor created for the new generation of Akai MPCs – the MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio.
Written for the latest MPC Software 1.4, ‘Sampling Laid Bare’ focuses entirely on teaching practical and creative sound design, sample editing and program construction within the MPC, providing 270 pages of in-depth, hands-on tutorials on a range of sample-based MPC workflow topics including:
- Comprehensive coverage of all chopping features, with a speed chopping workflow guide.
- Practical uses of all program parameters with including the all new envelopes in MPC Software 1.4.
- Sample recording and resampling.
- Creative sample editing and sound design techniques.
- Advanced drum layering examples.
- Looping breaks and instrument samples.
- Building velocity sensitive finger drumming kits from drum multisamples.
- Creating realistic instrument emulations using both DRUM and Keygroup programs.
- Using insert effects as sound design tools.
Plus many tips, tricks, tweaks and essential shortcuts to help streamline your day-to-day workflow. Each tutorial takes a hands-on, step-by-step approach with clear screenshots (from both the LCD and the computer environment) and all the MPC project files you need to recreate every tutorial within your MPC as you read along.
With its intuitive structure and jargon-free approach, this book is ideal for complete newcomers to the MPC world; and if you’re a legacy MPC owner looking to make the transition to the computer/controller environment, it contains all the information you need to quickly and effortlessly adapt your existing workflow.
‘MPC Renaissance & MPC Studio: Sampling Laid Bare’ is available to purchase as an electronic book in PDF format, priced at $24.99 USD.