Audio Vitamins has released MSg, a Mid/Side processing host plugin for Windows and Mac.
Taking inspiration from the legendary Fairchild 670’s ability to process in Mid-Side mode, the MSg plugin allows you to take any plugin and process them in a Mid-Side configuration.
Now you can have an 1176 operate in Mid-Side mode on your drum bus or an Neve 1073 EQ on your keys or guitars and use those famous curves to give a boost to the high-mids and make them stand out, whilst using that same sound to give the centre channel a bit more space for the vocal, without having to load an additional less musical, often quite surgical plugin afterwards to try and achieve the desired results.
Mid-Side processing has long been the secret of top mix and mastering engineers and now it’s advantages are available to everyone and in a more powerful way than ever thought of before.
- Independent input and output gain on mid and side channels.
- Wet/Dry control on mid and side channels.
- Internal delay compensation engine.
- Low CPU and memory usage.
- Recallable setups as presets, including 3rd party plugin parameter settings.
- Ability to load AU and VST plugins into Pro Tools 10,11 and 12.
MSg for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for purchase for 40 EUR/$45 USD/£30 GBP. Note: AAX is available on Mac only; Windows version is coming soon.