MusicDevelopments has announced version 2.1 of RapidComposer, a music prototyping software for Windows and Mac.
RapidComposer is a rapid music prototyping software designed for composers, song-writers and musicians of all musical styles. Whether you are a seasoned professional or simply ready to take your music to the next level, RapidComposer is the complete solution you need for faster and more productive music composition.
Changes RapidComposer v2.1
- Global and per-track phrase envelopes which phrases may automatically follow
- 4 algorithms offered for absolute-to-relative note conversion. Now you can work with scale-relative notes only, without depending on chord notes in the phrase.
- AI improvements in chord detection when importing MIDI files
- New master track option: magnet. Chords are automatically transposed and inverted for better voice leading
- Magnet option is implemented for phrases. When enabled the phrase will be automatically transposed to minimize note distance between the previous and current phrase or from the phrase envelope (choose from 2 algorithms)
- The Idea Tool is prepared to use the new voice leading improvements to produce musically more useful results
- ‘Recents’ menu added for opening compositions and importing MIDI files
- Absolute< ->relative conversion is easier than ever by pressing keys ‘0’ to ‘4’
- 3 new view options for the piano roll
- Inspectors and browser panels can be resized by dragging the right bottom corner
- Mouse wheel works over the workspace to scroll and zoom
- New ‘Support’ panel
- Cosmetic UI changes
- Bug fix for highlighting the wrong buttons in the chord palette
- Additional bug fixes.
Until the end of June, 2013, RapidComposer and RapidComposer LE are available at a discounted price of $174 USD/$69 USD respectively (30% off regular).
More information: MusicDevelopments