MusicDevelopments has announced an update to the RapidComposer music prototyping software for Windows and macOS.
Version 3.83 includes macOS Catalina support and many improvements and bug fixes. Note that macOS 10.7 and 10.8 are no longer supported.
RapidComposer is a unique, non-destructive, phrase-based music prototyping software designed for composers, song-writers and musicians of all musical styles
Changes in RapidComposer v3.83
- Dropping folders to the phrase and rhythm browsers to import MIDI files as phrases/rhythm patterns has been implemented.
- MIDI file batch conversion to scale-relative phrases is possible when you drop MIDI files on the Phrase Browser.
- Filling a track with phrases reworked. Hold down Shift to use ghosts, and Ctrl to activate the magnet when filling a track. Six new keyboard shortcuts added for various phrase generators.
- Track is made empty before filling it with phrases.
- New experimental phrase generator: ‘Random Note Generator’ which is useful for triggering patterns/keyswitches.
- It is possible to replace chords, add-remove chords, change chord lengths during the chord progression preview.
- When splitting ghost phrases, they are converted to regular phrases (ghosts always inherit the original size).
- Fixed: incremental saving never overwrites existing files.
- Fixed a MIDI import issue with zero-length notes.
- Splitting resized/scaled phrases fixed.
- [Windows] Text editing field redraw issues fixed.
- [macOS] macOS Catalina support.
- [macOS] Fixed text editing fields sometimes remaining on screen.
RapidComposer is available for $79 USD for the Light Edition and $199 USD for the Full Edition.
More information: MusicDevelopments