Native Instruments has released version 2.0 of its Komplete Kontrol, the application in which you can browse and load all Komplete Instrument presets from a single plugin.
The free update allows you to control Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) and VST effects directly from Komplete Kontrol keyboards and software.
NKS FX provide full integration with the Native Browser and intelligent parameter mapping for KOMPLETE KONTROL and MASCHINE hardware.
Changes in Komplete Kontrol 2.0
- Added: Native Kontrol Standard (NKS) FX Plug-in Support
- NKS FX brings the familiarity and immediacy of the NKS experience to FX plug-ins.
- Full integration with the Native Browser and intelligent parameter mapping via Native Map.
- Added: VST FX Plug-in Support
- Load any VST FX plug-in via the Plug-in Bar, customise mappings, and save user presets in the Native Browser.
- Added: KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 Mixer Page Indicators
- Channel Mute and Solo state indicators on the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 Mixer page in Logic Pro X, GarageBand, Ableton Live, Cubase and Nuendo
- Channel Record Arm state indicators on the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 Mixer page in Ableton Live.
- Improved: Behaviour of KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK1 and MK2 PRESET UP / PRESET DOWN buttons is now consistent in all modes.
- Fixed: Intermittent crash when navigating tracks in Logic Pro X.
- Fixed: Intermittent crashes when quitting KOMPLETE KONTROL.
- Fixed: Master and Output channels are no longer greyed-out on the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 Mixer page in Logic Pro X.
- Fixed: Level meters match the software on the KOMPLETE KONTROL S-Series MK2 Mixer page in Ableton Live.
- Fixed: KOMPLETE KONTROL remembers hosted plug-ins that are missing on the system.
All Native Instruments effects are now NKS-ready, with effects from other leading manufacturers gaining support from later this month.
The Komplete Kontrol 2.0 software update is now available on Native Access.
Kontakt & Maschine updates
Native Instruments has also released updates for its flagship sampler Kontakt and Maschine production and performance system.
Version 5.8.0 of Kontakt adds a text filter to the search of the contents of the Libraries tab, and allows you to sort the contents alphabetically as well. Various improvements and fixes are also included. Maschine 2.7.3 brings various improvements to the audio plugin and Maschine MK3, and some general additions, changes and fixes. Note that 32-bit versions of the standalone application and plugin have been removed with this update.
Details of the updates are available in Native Access and at the NI Community Forum.
Battery 4 FREE with Expansions
Native Instruments has also launched a limited time promotion where you can get a free copy of its Battery 4 drum sampler instrument with a purchase of two Expansions.
Expansions give you everything you need to make a track in your genre, including synth presets, drum kits, samples, loops, and more.
Choose from over 50 Expansions, each expertly curated by leading sound designers and artists at the top of their game.
To take advantage of this offer, simply add two or more Expansions and Battery 4 to your cart, and 199 EUR will automatically be deducted from the total. This offer expires May 1st, 2018.
More information: Native Instruments