New Sonic Arts has released version 1.0955 of Freestyle, a VST host for Windows and Mac.
Split, layer and combine your VST instruments and FX to explore vast new sound design possibilities. Freestyle integrates perfectly with your DAW, running as either a VST or AudioUnit plugin.
Transform your laptop into a powerful keyboard workstation. Perform with Macro Controls, and navigate your set mouse-free with the Snapshot list.
Changes in Freestyle v1.0955
- New ‘EventShaper’ module: apply min/max and curve to velocity and CC’s.
- Added MIDI note output support for VST plugins (e.g. support for sequencers, arps, MIDI FX).
- FXP and FXB files support.
- Import VST presets option: resave VST program list as .fsvst files.
- Structure View: improved auto-layout of disconnected modules.
- Hold shift while drag and drop (or Insert menu) to add module without auto-wiring.
- Improved some auto-wiring behaviors.
- Thumbnails now update in real-time in background when full editor is open.
- Missing VSTs: the filename of the missing VST is now displayed.
- KeySplit: Add Layer context menu entry.
- Internal optimizations (including faster instantiation time).
- Fixed dropped / stuck MIDI notes with some VSTs.
- Fixed crash where drag-drop of plugins that open a dialog box on startup.
- Fixed a Rack View bug where some root sources were hidden.
- Fixed some graphical glitches when expanding rack levels.
- VST database file could become corrupted during crash.
- Windows: modifier keys (shift, ctrl, alt) were broken in plugin.
- ‘Hanging modules’ bug in structure view.
- Some plugins were inserted as FX version by default (e.g. NI Maschine, resulting in the sequencer not running).
- VSTs did not send correct clock events from Event outputs.
- Fixed a crash on low spec OpenGL cards (without FBO support).
Freestyle is available for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/Standalone), priced at 129 EUR.