The update to Generate includes 3 new Generator types (Helix, Crescent and Magma), expanded modulation features, micro tuning/user scales, and more.
Generate’s oscillator is replaced with a chaotic system called a Generator, and Generate initially shipped with 5 Generators that were all different takes on this noisy, chaotic, sound. However, six months of playing with Generate made me wish for Generators that hinted at more traditional, less chaotic synth sounds as well. So Generate 1.2 adds three new Generator types…
Changes in Generate v1.2.1
- New Helix generator mode: Based on spirals, creating a bright chaotic sound.
- New Crescent generator mode: Bright with a clean clear tone.
- New Magma generator mode: Smooth and warm, with a clear vintage tone, useful for making very playable sounds.
- Added support for new tunings via MTS-ESP (also in Pendulate v1.1.0).
- Added master pitch modulation to the Pitch Bend knob (also in Pendulate v1.1.0).
- Put the Generator Interval Parameter on a full sized knob and made it a modulation destination (also in Pendulate v1.1.0).
- Added modulation to the LFOs, Envelopes, and S+H module.
- Added a LOOP mode to the Envelopes, turning them into LFOs (also in Pendulate v1.1.0).
- Added a modulatable Output Level control to the LFOs and Sample and Hold modules. Also added a Bipolar switch allowing them to be bipolar outputs (also in Pendulate v1.1.0).
- New presets from SonalSystem (also in Pendulate v1.1.0).