Novation Music has launched Automap 3, the latest version of the automatic mapping technology for instant control of your music software.
When Novation first launched Automap Software Control in 2005, it signaled a fundamental change in the way DAWs and plug-ins could be controlled. Automap has gone through many changes over the last 4 years making it even easier to assign, manage and control software parameters with Novation’s Nocturn and ReMOTE SL range of hardware controllers. Our software developers have been hard at work to ensure that Automap 3 lives up to expectations.
This latest version will take two forms, Automap 3 Standard and Automap 3 Pro. Automap 3 Standard will be available soon as a free download.
In addition to all the mapping and control capabilities of Automap Universal, it includes the following brand new features:
- HUI control is now fully implemented within Automap, allowing control over all HUI compatible DAW’s including Logic, Pro Tools and Digital Performer.
- A new start-up screen now makes managing your plug-ins and setting up your DAW even easier. It also gives you one-click access to online support, tutorials and the latest updates.
Automap 3 Pro will be available very soon for £19.99. In addition to the features above, it includes:
- Multiple device support — Automap 3 Pro supports multiple devices, so numerous Novation controllers can be used side by side.
- XY Pad Control — Fully Auto-mappable XY Pad control, expression pedal, control pedal and drum pad control. The Automap server can now assign parameters to all these controllers using the ultra-quick learn facility.
- Drag and Drop — You can now drag and drop control mappings and control map groups in the GUI, allowing you to re-assign knobs, faders and buttons by simply grabbing them with the mouse and dropping them on the new controller.
- Autoview Mode — Optional Autoview mode means that the GUI only becomes visible when a controller is touched, then it disappears again allowing you to get back to your DAW.
Visit Novation Music for more information.