Numark has announced the introduction of its N-Wave 580L desktop DJ monitoring system.
Offering impressive sound coupled with exciting built-in lighting effects, the N-Wave 580L is a compact self-powered 2-way monitor speaker system that is ideal for almost any situation.
Large and powerful enough to have surprising output and punch, but trim enough to fit easily into tight spaces, the N-Wave 580L desktop monitor system is comprised of two matched speaker cabinets.
Each cabinet contains a 1-inch silk dome tweeter and 5 ¼” woofer, blended together with an electronic crossover network. The onboard amplification system delivers 40 watts of dynamic power for impressive, clear sound. But it’s the exciting built-in illumination that sets the N-Wave 580L apart from every other compact monitor currently available.
The woofer and tweeter have brilliant LED lighting that can be customised to either pulsate with the music or cycle through the colour spectrum. The lights can be defeated for those occasions when you prefer not to use them.
The cabinets are made of resin-reinforced wood, a dense, strong material that prevents the cabinet vibrations that would otherwise diminish the system’s clarity. This is a huge advantage over similarlooking competitive systems, many of which use thin, vibration-prone molded plastic housings. For those situations when you need more low-end punch, the N-Wave 580L has an electronic bass-boost circuit that kicks up the impact frequency region of the bass for a harder low frequency “hit.”
“The Numark N-Wave 580L’s outstanding acoustic performance and high build quality result from our relentless attention to detail,” said Chris Roman, Senior Product Manager for Numark. “But as good as the 580L’s sound, it’s their built-in lighting that’s going to really capture everyone’s imagination. This is a compact self-powered speaker system that offers exciting lighting effects, customisable to your exact situation. They sound great, they look great and no one else has anything like them.”
N-Wave 580L features
- Compact powered near-field monitors for home DJ setups.
- Woofer and tweeter have brilliant multi-colour LED illumination.
- 3-Stage Colour Command: Pulsate, Slow Cycle, Off.
- Convenient front panel volume control.
- 1” silk dome tweeter and 5 ¼” woofer for detailed, powerful sound.
- High-output 2-channel amplification with 40 watts total system dynamic power.
- High-strength MDF (Medium Density Fiberboard) cabinets prevent audible resonance.
- Smooth, radial-edge front baffles minimise audible edge diffraction.
- (2) RCA and (2) ¼” audio inputs.
- Magnetically shielded drivers prevent interference with other equipment, magnetic media.
- 55 – 20,000 Hz frequency response for outstanding sound.
The Numark N-Wave 580L will ship in Q4 2015 for an MSRP of £99.99 GBP.
More information: Numark