NuSpace Audio has launched Muze, a multi-purpose VST/AU reverb audio effect plugin that combines a 3D audio mixer with a high quality binaural near & far field model.
The mixer component enables tight control over the early spatial impression of the acoustic field while psychoacoustic models add essential directional cues to help localize sound; our reverb design integrates with the binaural cues, giving appropriate contrast for the early spatial impression to sit in.
Muze supports up to 8 input channels with an additional ninth summation channel that doubles as a delay unit. Channels are associated with point sound-sources in an interactive graphical display and have separate processing paths that come together in a shared reverb component. Create whisper effects, wide impressions, impossible spaces. Up-mix mono sources into stereo/binaural. Virtualize 5.1+ to headphones by placing virtual speakers on the sound-stage. Switch to the panning mode for speaker setups.
- 8 channel virtualization, each with automatable azimuth, elevation, and distance controls.
- Adjustable listener controls for scaling interaural time delay and aligning yaw/pitch orientations.
- Spin knob enables automatic head-rotation, unleashing new possibilities for different modulation effects.
- Unique spatial-reverb design integrates specular & diffuse sound reflections with the HRTF model, producing an immersive reverberant field.
- Reverb characteristics such as room size, sound depth, high frequency dampening/reverb times are automatable.
- Delay unit integrates with the reverb, creating DUB-type effects.
- Rendering modes togglable between binaural/panning processing.
- All sampling rates supported for HRTFs.
- Graphical display for visualizing sound-sources & listener position and orientations.
- 40+ presets to get you started.
Muze is available for Windows and Mac (AU/VST), priced at $39.99 USD.
More information: NuSpace Audio