Oblivion Sound Lab has announced the release of its new audio plugin OSL Side Effects, a versatile Mid/Side processing plugin that lets you alter the stereo field in both subtle and creative ways.
It separates a stereo signal into Mid and Side channels which can be independently equalised, compressed, saturated, boosted, attenuated and panned using an intuitive processing chain. This makes it possible to alter the the width of a mix in ways that would be impossible using conventional stereo processing techniques.
OSL Side Effects features
- 4 band Mid/Side EQ with interactive graph.
- FFT Spectrum Analyzer.
- Mid/Side compressor with transfer curve graph.
- Gain reduction meters.
- Tape-style saturation.
- Mid/Side stereo panning.
- Input and output gain controls.
- Stereo visualizer (goniometer).
- Phase meter.
- Mid/Side and Left/Right output meters.
- Oversampling up to 16x.
- Preset system including 17 factory presets.
- All parameters can be automated from the host DAW.
- Light on CPU.
OSL Side Effects is on sale at an introductory 25% discount, priced $29 USD. A free demo version is available in VST3 and AU formats for macOS and Windows.
More information: Oblivion Sound Lab