Orange Tree Samples has announced the release of its latest virtual guitar instrument for Kontakt and the free Kontakt Player.
A collaboration with the Rosewood Recording Company, Evolution Vintage Gent features the sounds of an exquisite mid ’60s hollowbody electric guitar.
One of the iconic sounds from the British Invasion, the model of guitar we sampled was originally produced a decade earlier as a collaboration between Gretsch and Chet Atkins–legendary guitarist, record producer, and pioneer of the Nashville Sound.
This guitar represents the golden age of rock and roll, country, and rockabilly. It was a time period when guitarists started turning their volume up, and considerations had to be made to reduce feedback, while retaining the extra body to the tone that a hollowbody construction provides compared to a solidbody guitar.
The guitar’s two pickups were recorded as separate signals that can be blended to your taste within the sample library’s interface. That way you can get anything from a jangly bridge pickup tone to a beefy neck pickup sound and all the gradations between.
Vintage Gent features
- Built-in effects collection for production-ready electric guitar tones.
- Pattern editor and chord voicing system for authentic strumming and picking patterns.
- Adjustable pick position using our proprietary physical modeling technology.
- Powerful mapping system that lets you set how you want to trigger articulations, using conditions such as velocity ranges, MIDI CCs, latching and non-latching keyswitches, and more.
- 9.6 GB (compressed to 5 GB using the lossless NCW audio format) of 24-bit samples.
- Articulations such as sustains, palm mutes, mutes, natural harmonics, plus special effects like string slaps, muted strums, and others.
- Legato samples for slides, hammer-ons, and pull-offs.
- The articulations have 3 dynamics, 2 pick directions (when applicable), and 2x round-robin.
Regularly $179 USD, Evolution Vintage Gent is offered at an introductory price of $139 USD until January 1st, 2022.
More information: Orange Tree Samples