Onsen Audio has launched with the release of the OS-251, a pure digital lo-fi synthesizer plugin for Mac, Windows and Linux.
Described as a “JUNO” style digital subtractive synthesizer with a simple yet powerful DSP algorithm, the softsynth uses digital algorithms to deliver warm, lo-fi sounds.
The design of the oscillators and the selection of parameters were influenced by the JUNO-106, making it easier to express a thicker, chunkier sound. The oscillator has alias noise (specific to digital signal processing) famous on classic samplers like E-mu SP-12 which adds lo-fi feeling to the sound. You can enjoy the powerful sound at modern sampling rates with your DAW.
Easy to use
Tired of overwhelming synthesizers with hundreds of parameters and presets? Then OS-251 is for you! OS-251 is equipped with only carefully selected parameters, allowing musicians to concentrate on music production. You can see every parameter at once, so you can have a stress-free experience. Because the number of the parameters is limited, you can create the desired sounds yourself quickly and you don’t have to spend your precious time choosing presets.
- Up to 10 voices of polyphony.
- Oscillators (Sin, Square, Saw), with Shape parameter.
- Square sub oscillator.
- Noise oscillator.
- Biquad low-pass filter (LPF) with Frequency and Resonance parameters.
- Biquad high-pass filter (HPF) with Frequency parameter.
- Envelope generator which can control LPF and amplitude.
- Low-frequency oscillator (LFO) which can control LPF, amplitude, and Shape parameter.
- LFO sync.
- Flexible pitch controls (pitch bend width, octave, semitone, fine tuning).
The plugin is available to download in VST3 and AU formats at GitHub.
More information: Onsen Audio