AudioThing has released an update to Outer Space, a faithful emulation plugin of a famous vintage tape echo made in the early seventies.
Version 1.1.0 includes an additional panel with new features.
As the original unit, Outer Space features an echo section with three playback heads and a spring reverb tank. We have modelled three different tape frequency responses and saturations, along with all the analog imperfections of tape recording/playback.
We’ve also modelled the ballistic response of the delay rate (repeat rate) which can create eerie pitch shifts (due to the Doppler effect), one of the classic tape echo-based sound effects.
Changes in Outer Space v1.1.0
- Added: Volume/Pan for each head.
- Added: Low/Hi Cut for feedback section.
- Added: Ducking.
- Added: Pre-Emphasis.
- Added: Rate Ballistic.
- Added: Variable Speed (+/- 50 ms).
- Added: Stereo Delay amount (in ms).
- Added: Noise Tone.
- Added: Preamp switch.
- Added: Meter selector + Gain (input/output).
- Added: Preset Copy/Paste to/from Clipboard.
- Added: Global option – Feedback loop clearing on/off.
- Added: Global option – Resizable Window.
- Added: 10 new presets.
- Improved: Preamp section.
- Improved: Noise Section.
- Fixed: Synced values recall bug.
- Fixed: Plugin scan bug on some 32bit host.
Outer Space (VST/AU/AAX) is available from Plugin Boutique for 49 EUR.