Output has announced the release of Portal, a granular synthesis FX plugin that transforms audio in a forward-thinking and musical way.
Portal lets you turn your VSTs, drum samples or any live input such as vocals or guitars into infinite new possibilities. In the past, the results of granular synthesis were often chaotic and abstract. Portal is a step forward, re-synthesizing sounds to give you a result that’s more closely related to the original input.
“With PORTAL we aim to flip the script on granular synthesis,” said Output CEO, Gregg Lehrman.
“This powerful engine takes a method that has previously been out of reach and impractical for many musicians, and makes it accessible and easy to integrate into the creative process. Less random bloops and bleeps and more creative music making.”
- 250+ presets for instant playability.
- A circular XY Control linked to granular parameters.
- Powerful time manipulation engine.
- Tempo-synced grain delay.
- Scale-based pitch modulation.
- 7 built-in FX with an additional master compressor and filter.
- Value readout panel for better understanding of controls.
- Favoriting feature in Presets menu.
- Built-in Tool Tips on Advanced page.