Overloud has released Comp670, a recreation of the legendary Fairchild 670 tube compressor/limiter.
It has a unique and distinctive tone thanks to large amount of transformers in the signal chain which gives it a very warm tone.
From the ’50s to nowadays, each original unit has been serviced multiple times: it has its own history and component tolerance that gives it a unique tone and dynamic response.
That’s why Overloud sampled three different hardwares (found in London, Los Angeles and Milan studios), and packed them into a unique plugin.
- Hyper-realistic simulation of the original unit thanks to the 4th generation DSP technology.
- Three different units recreated, with multiple dynamics and colouration.
- Built-in Parallel Compression.
- Soft-knee / hard-knee control with the additional DC Threshold parameter.
- Built-in filters on the Sidechain.
- Meter Calibration: calibrate the VU meters at four different sensibilities.
- Multilevel undo-redo.
- A/B Comparison.
- Lots of presets designed in real mixing sessions.
- Scribble Strips: take notes anywhere on the plugin panel.
Comp670 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX/Standalone) is available at the introductory price of 79 EUR / $89 USD. The list price is 129 EUR / $139 USD.
To celebrate its release you can also save 42% off the entire collection of Overloud Gem plugins until November 6th, 2018.
More information: Overloud