Overloud has announced the release of EQ84, an audio effect plugin that simulates one of the most desired EQ modules in the history of recording and mixing.
Overloud EQ84 is the simulation of one of the most renowned Discrete Class A British EQ, used in countless hits since the ‘70s to nowadays. All the components of the original circuit have been modeled, including the rich harmonics and saturations that naturally occur when the equalizer is operating.
EQ84 is the fourth product of a new high-end Overloud plugin line, called Gems, dedicated to mixing and mastering.
EQ84 is the ultimate tool for professional engineers who mix with no compromises.
- Hyper-realistic simulation of the original British Class-A EQ, thanks to the 4th generation DSP technology.
- 6 bands eq: 2 shelving, 2 peaking, 1 high cut, 1 low cut.
- Individual band Cue.
- Continuous frequency selection.
- Mic/Line preamp simulation.
- Simulation of all transformers in the original unit.
- Low CPU usage: more than 1500 instances on a Macbook Pro Retina.
- Multilevel undo-redo.
- A/B Comparison.
- Lots of presets designed in real mixing sessions.
EQ84 extends the features of the original hardware and joins the flexibility of the digital world to the character of the analog processing.
- Band Cue: the Cue button allows to hear the part of the frequency spectrum that is being affected by that band.
- Continuous Frequency Selection: while the original hardware has preset frequencies only, the EQ84 allows to select all the intermediate frequencies.
- Additional Mid Band: while the original hardware has one Mid band only, we added a second band for increased flexibility.
EQ84 for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX/Standalone) is available for the introductory price of 89 EUR/USD until June 4th, 2017 (regular 139 EUR/USD).