Silence+Other Sounds has announced the release of its new Pain Piano, a sound design Kontakt library based on prepared piano experiments.
A large collection of pianos has been recorded for this library, including Mornington & Weston, a Collard piano from the 19th century, an old saloon-piano and a one of a kind piano harmonium which combines a traditional piano with a harmonium apparatus.
All of these instruments have been meticulously recorded by experimenting with a variety of objects on the strings to explore the endless sonic possibilities of the piano: snare tails, metallic sticks, screws, aluminium sheets, large cardboard panels have been used to carve out an unique horror SFX instrument that will set your cinematic productions apart. Horrific timbres, eerie atonal tones, stinging notes and hair-raising stabs are only a small part of the sounds you will find in Pain Piano.
Pain Piano is for the composer of music for pictures looking for unique sounds to enrich his composition and drive the audience attention in an easy and intuitive way. Whether you’re looking for dark, low atonal slams, tonal elements, old detuned piano notes, bowed piano strings or obsessive rhythms, the sounds and the multifunctional Kontakt instruments in Pain Piano got you covered.
Pain Piano comes with an intuitive interface, a Piano Smasher functionality that allows you to create endless new sounds by randomizing the original samples, over 130 tempo synched loops and a convolution reverb module featuring over 120 impulse responses.
Pain Piano features
- 7 folders of high resolution and Royalty-Free sounds.
- Total of 530+ sounds (96 kHz, 24 bit .wav).
- Clusters and atonal stabs.
- Tonal elements.
- Bowed piano effects.
- Eerie antique pianos of the 19th century.
- Unsettling prepared piano effects obtained with iron sticks, snare tails, chains and screws.
- Tempo synched loops in a specific root key, individually as globally tunable.
- Intuitive GUI to further manipulate the samples, tune them to a specific key both individually as globally.
- Piano Smasher script functionality to randomize samples and create custom SFX.
- Convolution Reverb module with 120+ designed IRs.
- 8 Kontakt Instruments (Full version 5.8.1 or later required).
The library is on sale for the intro price of $29.50 USD for a limited time (regular $59 USD). Prices ex. VAT.
A purchase of Pain Piano also includes an offer with a 50% discount on the Stringache library.
More information: Silence+Other Sounds