Patchpool has announced Framedrum, a sound library for the Alchemy sample manipulation synthesizer by Camel Audio.
Framedrum for Alchemy will contain multisampled framedrum instruments with up to 4 velocity layers and 8 variations per sample (Round Robin). Played with hands and fingers in the centre and on the rim of the drum, rubbing the skin, playing the drum with mallets and sticks.
As nothing beats a real drumming performance I will also play and sample a collection of loops in various time signatures, all synced to host tempo by using Alchemy’s granular mode and temposynced MSEGs and LFOs. Then there will be patches made from processed framedrum sounds, treated with granulators, saturators, distortion units, spectral tools, pitch shifters, convolution reverbs and more exotic FX Plug-Ins.
- ~2 GB of original samples.
- All samples recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R – 48 Khz/24 Bit.
- U87 center mic – a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R.
- ~50 patches with 8 variations each in Alchemy’s Remix Pad.
- NOte: This sound bank requires the full version of Alchemy. It does not work with the Alchemy player version.
Framedrum is scheduled for release in mid December, 2012. The soundset is now available to pre-order for 24 EUR (20% off regular 30 EUR).