Patchpool has announced the release of Framedrum, a sound library for Camel Audio Alchemy, containing multisampled framedrum instruments with up to 4 velocity layers and 8 variations per sample (Round Robin).
Played with hands and fingers in the centre and on the rim of the drum, rubbing the skin, playing the drum with mallets and sticks and treating it with various objects and materials like rubber balls, tibetian soundbowl, chopsticks, rice and peanuts (in their shell).
This library also contains many patches made from processed Framedrum sounds, treated with granulators, stretching devices, saturators, distortion units, spectral tools, pitch shifters, convolution reverbs and more exotic FX Plug-Ins resulting in a large variety of beautiful and dramatic soundscapes and textures, dark and massive drones, percussive synths, mysterious noises, rich pads, edgy synth sounds and massive impacts.
As nothing beats a real drumming performance there is also a collection of loops in various time signatures, all synced to host tempo by using Alchemy’s granular mode and temposynced MSEGs and LFOs.
- 63 patches / 1 variation with 8 Snapshots each in the Remix Pad.
- 1.61 GB of original samples, 35 MB of resynthed files are included.
- 35 sfz-files are included so that you can use the samples and sfzs in other samplers as well.
- All Framedrum samples were recorded with 3 Neumann microphones in L-C-R in 48 Khz/24 Bit – U87 center mic – a stereo set of KM 184 for L-R.
- Extensive use of Alchemy’s complex modulation possibilities and Filters, often intermodulating LFOs/MSEGs/Sequencers with each other and assigning numerous parameters to a single Controller.
Framedrum for Alchemy is available to purchase for 33 EUR. Requires the full version of Alchemy, it does not work with the Alchemy player version.