Performance Samples has announced the release of the first title in a four-part sample library series for Native Instruments Kontakt.
Con Moto – Cellos is a string library featuring 6 cellos, recorded with motion in the sustains, legato, and attacks/releases.
“Active-bow” sustains offer continuously re-expressed vibrato & emotion, via performance & editing approaches. Responsive note attacks and meticulously-timed release samples – derived from units of musical performance – morph with your playing to allow fluent note-length variation, similar to previous Performance Samples libraries.
Much in the same vein as Oceania, Con Moto – Cellos continues along the path of “energetic release samples” and appreciation of performance-sourced phrase endings as a critical element of the toolkit in release-sample functionality. Bow-change legato transitions wrap it all together, and with the entire library recorded con moto and musically-restless, the result is a breathing ensemble with coherence in phrasing, vibrato, and expression.
Con Moto – Cellos features
- Six cellos (primarily soloist and 1st-chair musicians) from the Capellen Orchestra.
- Three dynamic layers, from moderately soft to FFF.
- Bow-change legato con moto (legato with movement in the bowing and vibrato).
- “Active-bow” sustains (non-static longs that move and evolve while simultaneously maintaining the dynamic/timbre).
- Multiple attack types (hard and soft) triggered via velocity.
- Release samples that respond fluently to note-length variation, optimized specifically for hard attacks.
- Recorded in an ambient hall with multiple mic positions: Close 1st-Chair, Close Section, Decca, and Wide.
- 48kHz / 24bit format. NCW-compressed, ~2.14 GB total.
Con Moto – Cellos is on sale for the intro price of $99 USD through May 10th, 2018 (regular $149 USD). Requires Kontakt 5.5.1 or higher, full version.
More information: Performance Samples