Phonolyth aka developer Yuri Turov has announced the release of Velvet Machine for Windows and macOS.
Previously available only on iOS, Velvet Machine is a sonic texture generator/blur/non-linear reverb effect based on real-time convolution with enveloped velvet noise.
It is designed to stretch and blur out even short sounds to lengths of up to 10 seconds, produce reverb-like textures with flexible volume envelope (including reverse, fading in and out, pulsating etc.), and work as a variable density random multi-tap delay (bordering on granular-like sounds).
Velvet Machine features
- Flexible volume envelope with arbitrary number of segments and curvature.
- Effect time ranging from 50 ms to 10 s.
- Response density adjustable from 1 to 2000 repeats per second.
- Predelay up to 1 s.
- Host tempo sync for time and predelay.
- High cut and low cut filters for the effected signal.
- Mix adjustable from 100% dry to 100% wet.
- Mix Lock to switch presets while keeping the dry/wet mix constant.
- Fully resizable vector-based UI.
- Cross-platform preset format.
The plugin is available in VST3 and AU formats at an introductory 50% discount, priced $16 USD until June 1st, 2021 (regular $32 USD). A free demo version is available to download.
The iOS version is also on sale, priced $3.99 USD during the promotion (regular $7.99 USD).
More information: Phonolyth