Plugin Boutique has launched a sale on the Spiral music analysis plugin by Photosounder, offering a 40% discount for a limited time.
It’s a fresh take on spectral analysis focused on allowing you to see and understand music and the notes that make it up instantly. This is achieved mainly by coiling the spectrum into a spiral framed by a chromatic circle, thus allowing you to instantly see what’s happening musically and spectrally.
- The colors represent position in the stereo mix which means that quite often instruments have their own color.
- Portions of the sound can be recorded in Spiral’s memory and then played back at a much slower rate (between 0% and 100%). This is quite necessary and handy when writing down notes or analyzing chords.
- Analysis resolution can be adjusted. You’ll want to lower it when analysis notes played very fast as it gives you more precision in time, and increase it when analyzing complex chords, bass instruments or when tuning an instrument.
- The spiral visualization can be rotated so that you may have the root of the scale on top and thus be able to recognize notes more readily.
- By clicking on the visualization you can create overlays that represent the harmonics for a given note. Adjusting those overlays can greatly help you in identifying the individual notes that make up a chord.
Spiral for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is on sale for £39 GBP / 44 EUR until August 1st, 2018.
More information: Photosounder