Venomode has released an update to the Phrasebox phrase arpeggiator MIDI processing plugin for Windows and Mac.
Version 1.0.8 comes with an overhauled piano roll section, and an additional new playback mode.
The piano roll now features feedback when hovering over notes, highlighting the note and the relevant velocity slider. This update also makes it easier to select the correct slider when multiple are stacked, plus you can now draw over the velocity sliders by holding the shift key.
The new playback mode allows the phrase to be unlinked from the DAW timeline. When not synced, the phase starts playing when you play notes and stops when you release them. This new mode also offers a one-shot mode that only plays the phrase once.
Changes in Phrasebox v1.0.8
- Added: New playback mode – triggered by input.
- Added: One-shot playback mode.
- Added: Better feedback when hovering in piano roll.
- Added: Select most relevant velocity slider when in a chord.
- Added: Can directly draw multiple velocities.
- Fixed: Keyboard focus sometimes being stolen.
- Fixed: Selected notes not being moved by keyboard in some cases.
- Fixed: Incorrect velocity slider being selected in some Windows hosts.
- Fixed: Reverting to demo in some cases.
- Fixed: Weird sizes when moving non-quantized notes.
Available in VST, AU and AAX formats, Phrasebox is on sale at Plugin Boutique for £29 GBP until July 20th as part of a summer sale (regular £49 GBP). The update is free for existing users.
More information: Venomode