Physical Audio has released a public beta of PA1 Dynamic Plate Reverb, a reverb effect for Mac that uses advanced physical modelling synthesis to recreate the sound of a plate reverb without any delay networks or impulse responses.
PA1 is an Audio Unit plug-in that uses a physical model of a plate reverb based on advanced Modal synthesis. The dynamic control of physical parameters gives unique and creative reverberation.
PA1 Dynamic Plate Reverb features
- Variable plate size up to 3m x 2m.
- Frequency dependent decay T60 times from 0.3 to 10 seconds.
- Variable tension and material selection (steel, gold, silver, titanium, aluminium).
- Input forcing position modulation.
- Variable output pickup positions.
- PreDelay and stereo width adjustment.
The public beta of PA1 Dynamic Plate Reverb is available for Mac (AU). It will not produce audio output after December 31st, 2016.
Also available from Physical Audio is PA2: Little Ringer, a free ring modulator plugin.
PA2 is a minimal ring modulator effect, based on Julian Parker’s diode model and anti-aliasing5. The carrier is a sine wave, with an additional LFO to modulate its frequency. The smoothness parameter allows a range of sounds, from hard-edged to clean inharmonicity.
More information: Physical Audio