Arturia has announced its latest software synthesizer Pigments, a hybrid “polychrome” instrument that features hugely powerful, cutting-edge wavetable synthesis alongside Arturia’s award-winning virtual analog technology.
After spending 20 years analyzing and emulating the best synthesizers ever made, they have now used their expertise to create an original, uniquely “Arturia” software synthesizer.
Pigments offers exceptional sound thanks to its hugely powerful architecture and lightning-fast workflow that makes complex modulations easy, fast, and fun.
Arturia promises that while Pigments can sound like other synths, no other synth can sound like Pigments. It is truly a 21st century instrument that will become the go-to choice for all producers, sound designers, and synth-fans alike thanks to its extraordinary features and tempting price.
Pigments has some colorful tricks up its sleeve. In fact, it can do things other synthesizers simply cannot do. These include:
- Scale quantized pitch modulations to build complex melodic sequences.
- Continuous unison controls that can be modulated, with classic and chord modes.
- Extensive waveshaping options for the wavetable oscillator, with great aliasing control.
- The usual modulation sources and some more unconventional ones like the Turing and Binary random generators.
- Powerful gate/retrig handling for modulators. Perfect to inspire unusual rhythmic sequences or self-generating patches.
- Polyrhythmic sequencer with a strong emphasis on randomness, with scale control to remain musical.
At a glance, here are its key features:
- Two engines in parallel: the best of both worlds
- Virtual Analog triple oscillator engine.
- Complex Wavetable engine with morphing and import.
- Twin filters: dozens to choose from
- Classic filters from V Collection instruments.
- Modern filters like surgeon and comb.
- Continuous series/parallel routing.
- Powerful effects section: an all-in-one solution
- 13 stunning effects, including wavefolder, overdrive, parametric EQ, and delay.
- Insert or Send routing options with drag and drop for easy switching.
- All the essential parameters can be modulated.
- Advanced modulation system: modulate anything with anything
- Graphical editing, source-based or destination-based.
- Envelopes, LFOs, Function generators, Random sources.
- 4 assignable Macros to control multiple parameters at once.
- Visual interface: understand your sound
- Graphical representation of the most important modules.
- Living, moving waveform to see your sound come alive.
- Polyrhythmic Sequencer and Arpeggiator: get creative
- Create complex, custom and evolving sequences or arps.
- Extensive factory preset library: learn from the masters
- Hundreds of presets from awesome artists and experienced sound designers, including Jeremy Savage, Starcadian, Cubic Spline, Mord Fustang, and Jörg Hüttner.
- Highlighted “notes” to show which parameters are recommended to tweak.
Pigments will retail for $199 USD / 199 EUR. Until January 10th 2019, anyone can enjoy Pigments for free.
Pigments will be available to experience for free for a full month after its release. Users wishing to buy Pigments during this promotional month will be able to purchase it for only $149 USD / 149 EUR.
Exclusive deals will be available for existing Arturia customers and V Collection owners.
More information: Arturia