PinkNoise Studio has released Evolver 2 Kontakt Edition, a Kontakt instrument library based on the sounds of the Evolver synthesizer by Dave Smith Instruments.
The library offers a wide collection of vivid and powerful analogue sounds.
The design goal was to develop an ergonomic user interface to our sound library that exploits the advanced features of Kontakt. The result is a flexible synthesizer which offers fat and warm analogue sounds like the original hardware, but with the comfort of the software environment.
Most of the patches are velocity sensitive and they have been designed for live performers, so a good midi keyboard which supports velocity and aftertouch is highly recommended.
Evolver 2 Kontakt Edition features
- Ergonomic user interface.
- New re-scaled faders for a natural feeling.
- More than 100 custom made knobs, faders and switches to control the most important parameters of the synth.
- Customizable global MIDI implementation for 24 controllers.
- Host automation for 24 controllers.
- 30 types of filter in 3 real-time switchable filter slots.
- Fully editable effects: equalizer, 2 types of distortion, delay, 2 types of reverb, comp.
- 2 independent LFOs (waveforms: sine, triangle, square, saw, random) with tempo sync option, allowing modulation for 4 destinations: pitch, filter, volume and pan.
- Extensive modulation options for external sources: velocity, mod-wheel, channel aftertouch, random.
- Template load/save option for sound design.
Evolver 2 Kontakt Edition is available for purchase for 25 EUR. A free demo bank (16 Kontakt patches with variations of 4 instruments) is available for download. Requires full retail version of Kontakt 5.1 or higher.