Pioneer DJ has introduced the TORAIZ SP-16, a sampler instrument featuring Dave Smith analogue filters and Pro DJ Link for perfectly timed one-shots and loops.
Take your creativity to another level in the booth, the studio and on stage with the TORAIZ SP-16 sampler and step sequencer. The tactile sampler features an intuitive touch screen and layout, 16 powerful sampler engines, analogue filters based on Dave Smith Instruments’ Prophet-6 synthesiser and quantize via Pro DJ Link. And you can use it as a stand-alone unit – no need to take a laptop into the booth.
We’ve poured more than 20 years of electronic music industry experience into our first sampler to create a versatile sound machine. Load samples via USB or from the internal memory; then use the 16-step sequencer to create patterns, or playback loops or trigger one-shots with the multicoloured Performance Pads. And if you’re connected to CDJs via Pro DJ Link, everything is synced to the beat of the master deck, so you can get creative with confidence.
We’ve partnered with the legendary synth creator Dave Smith to add his Prophet-6 analogue filters to the sampler, so you can give your creations a rich, analogue warmth and presence. Plus a touch strip gives you instinctive control of various parameters including pitch bending. The real-time processing engine means you can reliably manipulate the sound using time stretch, pitch bend and amp envelope.
The 7-inch full-colour touch screen puts you in complete control. Pick the Track Menu to see the full information about your sounds and their parameters – which you can manipulate using the six rotary dials just below the screen. The sampler comes with 2GB of samples already on board, courtesy of Loopmasters, so you can start creating bass lines and loops right out of the box.
TORAIZ SP-16 features
- Full-colour touch screen — The 7-inch, full-colour touch display gives you instant access to all the info you need. Browse, select and colour-code samples intuitively, while manipulating their parameters with the rotary dials just below the screen.
- Step sequencer — A 16-step sequencer lets you create up to 256 different patterns. You can save and play back your loops instantly, and use the dials to modulate the sounds. Plus the backlit buttons will reflect the colours assigned to each sound for a visual guide.
- Tactile performance pads — Load up to 16 samples to the large rubber pads, then finger drum freely to layer sounds on-the-fly. The multicolour LEDs show what samples are in play, while Velocity Mode lets you control the sample volume with the amount of pressure you apply.
- Powerful processing engine — You get all the power you need to play with 16 samples simultaneously – even when you’re using time stretch, pitch bend or the amp envelope. And with 8GB of flash memory you have enough space to use the TORAIZ SP-16 as a stand-alone unit, with no need for a laptop.
- Dave Smith analogue filters — The TORAIZ SP-16 has the same analogue filters as Dave Smith’s renowned Prophet-6 synthesiser. Use the dials to sculpt your sound – manipulating Drive, Cut Off and Resonance – and add true analogue warmth and presence.
The TORAIZ SP-16 will be available from Summer 2016.