Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizers has announced that it is taking preorders on its Microvolt 3900, a semi-modular desktop synthesizer.
The synth features Pittburgh’s new temperature stabilized, dual VCA oscillator core and dynamic VCA technology, offering a lively, organic sounding synthesizer full of energy.
A modern, semi-modular synthesizer inspired by the instruments designed by our heroes.
The Pittsburgh Modular Microvolt 3900 takes a new approach to building a raw, analog monosynth with a host of unconventional and inspirational features. Patch cables optional.
Microvolt 3900 features
- Voltage controlled West Coast style wavefolder.
- Switchable harmonically rich sine wave.
- External preamp with independent 30x gain and output level controls.
- Classic Pittsburgh Modular low pass filter with extended resonance.
- Dynamic VCA with standard VCA and dynamic low pass gate modes.
- Variable overdrive on output.
- Multi-mode sequencing arpeggiator.
- Chaotic random CV and gate generator.
- Multi-tasking function generator works as a voltage controlled envelope, LFO, and oscillator.
- Highly tuned ADSR envelope generator.
- 39-point Eurorack format compatible patch bay.
The Microvolt 3900 is scheduled to ship to on April 27th, 2018, priced at RRP $629 USD.
More information: Pittsburgh Modular Synthesizers