Plogue has updated its chipsounds software synthesizer that faithfully emulates the 8-bit sound chips from classic video game consoles, home computers and arcade games.
This update brings many new sounds, effects and features to this already feature-packed VST/AU/RTAS plug-in for Windows and Mac OS X.
Changes in chipsounds v1.6
- Added import for .MOD, .MED, and .IFF (8SVX) files. As a bonus, the famous ST-01 sound pack is preloaded, tuned and categorized.
- Added analog sounds and effects from 6 of the most iconic arcade games.
- Added PC Speaker beep and casing resonance effect (i825x PIT + Speaker Impulse).
- Added Custom Waveforms/Music Formulas (Viznut/co’s Experimental music from very short C programs).
- Added 4-bit and DMC Mellotron Strings.
- New graphical design.
- Performance and Stability Improvements.
Chipsounds is available to purchase for $47.50 USD until September 17th, 2012 (50% off regular price of $95 USD).
More information: Plogue