Plugin Alliance has announced the upcoming Purple Audio MC77, an emulation of the hardware limiting amplifier, which recreates the audio circuitry of the revision E 1176.
How do you take a legendary compressor like the 1176 and not only do it justice but improve on it?
This was the vision behind the MC77 created by Purple Audio in the late nineties. It all started with an exacting recreation of the “E” revision of one of the most iconic solid-state limiting amplifiers of all time. From there, all modern, high performance components were used to match the unit to the original to create a flawless, discrete signal path.
With the MC77 (MC is 1100 in Roman numerals!) you have access to the same unrivaled functionality and lightning-fast response as the original 1176, with the added bonus of onboard side-chain and stereo linking facilities. There is no doubt that the Purple Audio MC77 can be your one stop shop for taming the dynamics and adding character to your tracks.
Purple Audio MC77 features
- Exacting emulation of the original Purple Audio MC77 Limiter.
- Fully endorsed by Purple Audio.
- Ultra Fast Attack Times / 20 to 800 microseconds.
- Release Time – 50 milliseconds to 1.1 second.
- Authentic ALL BUTTON mode!.
- BRAINWORX Plugin Only features:
- Patent-pending TMT (Tolerance Modeling Technology) inside.
- M/S Processing.
- Mono-Maker and Stereo Width.
- Parallel Mix.
- Headroom control.
Also announced is the Ampeg V-4B, a native plugin version of the famous bass head from the ’70s.
The original amp came on the market back in 1971 and featured the same preamp as the Ampeg SVT, but introduced a 100 watt power amp, all tube construction and matching 1×12, 2×12, and 8×10 cabinets. To put it simply, the V–4B is an amazing reissue of the well-known 1971 original and delivers a thick tube tone with an uncompromising low end that has made its way into countless bass rigs over the years. It can be heard on countless hits!
With the V–4B it’s easy to plug in and quickly get a huge round tone that has made AMPEG the go-to standard for bass players the world over. The controls on the V–4B are simple and to the point, featuring a 3 band EQ with switchable mids and ultra low and high switches for defining power and note definition. This remarkable simplicity allows you to quickly dial in a vast range of tones, everything from boomy and beefy down to something more honky and gritty.
Ampeg V-4B features
- Exacting emulation of the original Ampeg V-4B All Tube Bass Amp, endorsed by Ampeg.
- Pure AMPEG tube tone.
- 65 Brainworx-made Recording Chains.
- FX Rack include noise gate, tight and smooth filters, Power Soak and a horn On/Off function for the cabinets.
- 3-Band EQ with switchable mid frequency for powerful tone shaping.
- Ultra-Low and Ultra-High controls.
The Purple Audio MC77 and Ampeg V-4B plugins will be available for sale on July 15th. You can download a 14-day trial versions already.
More information: Plugin Alliance