Plugin Alliance has announced a new high-end passive tube equalizer emulation by Brainworx.
The Soma EQ is an exacting model of the original Knif Audio design, made in close cooperation with boutique analog hardware designer, Jonte Knif.
Passive tube EQs have long been praised for offering tremendous color and warmth. Their broad boosts and cuts and inherent saturation makes them a favorite option for overall tonal shaping. Knif Audio’s boutique Soma EQ updates the passive tube EQ approach by offering a cleaner, more flexible tone, as well as more precise EQ adjustments to meet the demands of contemporary mastering engineers.
Despite their wonderful sound, old school passive EQs have their shortcomings as well. Changing the bandwidth control on a conventional passive EQ will cause you to inadvertabtly increase or reduce the amount of boost or cut you are applying, leading to unexpected changes in your EQ curve. The Soma EQ finally solves this problem by adding “Real Q Adjustment”. A first in the world of passive tube EQs, it allows for much more predictability and precision than any other EQ of its type.
- Emulates the natural warmth of tubes and transformers, with fully variable saturation thanks to independent controls for headroom, input and output drive.
- “Real Q Adjustment” makes Soma the most precise passive tube EQ on the market.
- Stepped controls perfect for mastering applications.
- TMT – Brainworx´ patented “Tolerance Modeling Technology” (US Patent No. 10,725,727).
- Including Mid/Side processing, Mono Maker & Stereo Width control.
- Auto Listen feature to hear your EQ changes in isolation.
- Selectable 6dB/oct & 12dB/oct slope high pass filters.
- Employs Brainworx´ most advanced modeling yet to capture the complexity of this unique circuit design.
- Loaded with plenty (90+) of useful presets from renowned mastering engineers.
The plugin will be available for purchase on February 1st, 2022. Mix & Master and Mega Bundle users have unlimited access already.
More information: Plugin Alliance