Plugin Alliance has announced early access to the new Lindell 902 De-Esser, a plugin that takes a real studio classic and updates it with extra features for the 21st century.
The original dBx 902 de-esser was an instant classic when it was released in the 1980s. With an ingenious design and extremely simple workflow, it quickly became a mainstay in major studios all over the world, finding its way onto countless hit records. Today, Lindell Audio brings this design to the DAW, adding new features that make it even better than the original.
Lindell 902 De-Esser features
- Faithful emulation of a classic de-esser heard on countless hit records.
- Incredibly simple workflow: Just set the target frequency and desired amount of gain reduction.
- No fixed threshold control means the de-esser automatically adapts to the level of your signal, for equally smooth de-essing in loud and quiet passages.
- Mix knob to blend processed and unprocessed signal together.
- Listen function to audition the de-esser sidechain and gain reduction independently.
- Air control to apply a smooth high frequency boost to regain lost high frequency content.
The plugin will be available for purchase on January 4th, 2022. It is now available in the Essential, Mix & Master and Mega Bundle or as a free 14-day trial for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3, AU and AAX).
More information: Plugin Alliance