Plugin Alliance has announced the release of a faithful emulation of the API 2500 classic analog bus compressor.
The Lindell Audio SBC adds features such as NUKE hyper-compression and THD. The initial release consists of a thorough emulation of the wide and punchy stereo version and an even more versatile multi-band version which is planned to arrive in the Fall of 2022 as a free upgrade.
The original American hardware compressor is one of the most popular stereo buss compressors of all time, and for a good reason. Transparent yet assertive, smooth yet punchy, it’s a perennial favorite on drums, mix bus, vocals, and any source that demands aggressive compression without compromises. The SBC plugin from Lindell Audio emulates this legendary classic with masterful precision and clarity, adding new features that can only be found in the digital domain.
Lindell Audio SBC features
- Inspired by the legendary API 2500 compressor.
- Unique filter section provides the option of low cut and high boost for precisely targeted compression.
- Variable link between left and right channels.
- Select older “feed back” or more modern “feed forward” compression.
- Added “NUKE” option for even more aggressive compression.
- Selectable ratio, attack and release times.
- Soft, medium or hard knee for gentler or sharper compression tones.
- Auto and manual gain make up.
The plugin is on sale for the intro price of $129.99 USD (MSRP $299 USD). Use coupon code LINDELL-10499 at checkout to reduce the price to $104.99 USD until July 31st, 2022.
Lindell SBC is added to the MEGA and MIX & MASTER Bundles at no extra cost, while FOREVER 29 members can purchase it for $1 USD.
More information: Plugin Alliance