Plugin Alliance has announced the release of the Bettermaker EQ232D, a faithful plugin recreation of one of the most respected analog mastering EQs of the new millennium, developed by the Bettermaker team.
The “P EQ” section of the EQ232D recreates the classic curves and creative workflow of the iconic Pultec EQs, but with tremendous clean headroom, and without the extra grit or distortion of a vintage tube piece.
The original hardware Bettermaker EQ232P MKII on which it is based is renowned for delivering the lush, supple bottom and clear, smooth top end of the legendary Pultec EQs—but with a clean and modern twist that’s perfect for contemporary styles of Hip Hop, EDM, Pop, or even Metalcore.
This precisely modeled plugin version of Bettermaker’s instant classic mastering-grade EQ is no different. Like the analog original, it offers the incredible low and high-end shaping capabilities of the best passive EQ designs ever devised, along with the precision, detail, and features of a high-end 21st-century design.
Bettermaker EQ232D features
- Developed by the original Bettermaker team.
- 5 EQ filters on each channel, including 2 classic Pultec sections, 2 highpass filters, and 4 parametric filters with wide frequency ranges.
- Passive “P EQ” section comprised of shelving filters based on legendary Pultec EQ filters, including separate boost and attenuation knobs.
- 24dB/Oct highpass filter.
- 2 Parametric filters per channel cover frequencies from 15Hz to 15kHz.
- Lots of presets to kick start your workflow, including 4 exclusive mastering and mix buss presets made by Luca Pretolesi of Studio DMI.
- Stereo, Dual Mono, M/S modes.
- Painstaking modeled on one of the most trusted EQ brands in the world of professional mastering with an amazing feature set, outstanding sound, and an intuitive interface.
The plugin is on sale for the intro price of $229.99 USD for a limited time (regular $299 USD). It is included in the MEGA Bundle and Mix & Master Bundle subscriptions at no extra cost.
More information: Plugin Alliance