Imagine EQ’ing a crash cymbal buried in a pre-recorded stereo mix without affecting instruments panned to other positions in the soundstage. Impossible? Not with bx_panEQ! Its three fully parametric bell curve filters can each be panned anywhere in the mix’s stereo field to adjust the timbre of embedded tracks with precision. No other plugin can do that!
Brainworx bx_panEQ features
- Three parametric bell-curve filters—each featuring a gain, frequency, Q and pan control—independently boost or cut EQ at discrete pan positions in the stereo field.
- In addition to providing the standard EQ parameters of Frequency and Bandwidth, you can select what portion of the stereo field you wish to cut or boost.
- Allows unprecedented ability to “re-mix” stereo material.
Brainworx bx_panEQ costs $299 USD.
With frequency band settings designed by Grammy winning mixer/producer Craig Bauer and Brainworx founder Dirk Ulrich, the EQ Ranger Plus offers a vast array of new, optimized combinations of center frequencies and bandwidths. These settings span across six genres and 181 modules to dramatically open up the options for source treatment in any mix. It’s like having 181 different 500 series modules, each designed by a top pro for a particular purpose, in your studio rack!
SPL EQ Ranger Plus features
- A virtual rack with 181 EQ modules with frequency and bandwidth settings custom designed for specific genres and sources by Grammy award winning mixer Craig Bauer and Brainworx Founder Dirk Ulrich.
- Each module comes with a default preset optimized for the selected genre and source.
SPL EQ Ranger Plus costs $199 USD.
The Acme Opticom XLA-3 is a powerful and flexible optical compressor with glorious tube-powered, triple optoelectric, cold-rolled steel covered military-grade componentry. Slap it across the drum buss for solid and seamless LA-2A styled leveling. Force vocals through the input to add grit and attitude to a wimpy take. Use Amp mode to add harmonic color to a guitar or bass line without even touching the dynamics. The Opticom XLA-3 is a bombproof beast of an optical compressor, and thanks to Acme’s cooperation with Brainworx, it’s now available in plugin form to tame and/or soothe any sound you throw at it.
Acme Opticom XLA-3 features
- Unique optoelectric circuit that combines the best characteristics of three separate compression curves into a single unit – from clean to dirty.
- Smooth and seamless ‘LA-2A’ sound with the additional benefits of even-harmonic distortion when needed.
- Doubles as a “tone box” adding color and distortion without reducing dynamics if desired.
Acme Opticom XLA-3 costs $299 USD.
More information: Plugin Alliance