Plugin Alliance has introduced the bx_console G, a channel strip audio effect plugin that emulates the legendary British G Series mixing console used on countless hit records and by top-tier engineers and marquee artists around the globe.
bx_console G includes 72 distinct channels of G series British console charm, delivering tight filtering and smooth compression in the true spirit of analog tone.
Using patent-pending Tolerance Modeling Technology, this plugin recreates the natural channel-to-channel variation of components found in analog hardware, which imparts the sonic depth that engineers have come to love.
bx_console G adds to the growing line of Brainworx TMT channel strip plugins that revolutionize the in-DAW production experience, invoking the behavior and sound of real-world studio consoles.
bx_console G features
- Models the classic British G Series mixing console, offering 72 different channels.
- Full-featured channel strip includes a Compressor/Limiter, Expander/Gate, 4-band parametric EQ, and wide-ranging High Pass and Low Pass filters.
- Tolerance Modeling Technology (TMT, Patent Pending) simulates channel-to-channel variances in electronic components for the most realistic analog sound.
- “Orange” and “Pink” EQ revisions can be swapped independently per channel with the click of a mouse.
- EQ can be placed before or after the Dynamics section (Compressor/Limiter and Expander/Gate) in the audio path, or routed to the Dynamics’ sidechain.
- Frequency ranges for the High Pass and Low Pass filters and the Pink EQ’s two midrange bands can be independently shifted by a factor of three, greatly expanding tone-shaping capabilities.
- High Pass and Low Pass filters can be placed in the audio path or the Dynamics’ sidechain.
- Compressor/Limiter features continuously variable Threshold, Ratio, wet/dry Mix and two-stage Release controls; a dedicated High Pass filter; and a toggle for Auto- and Fast-attack times.
- Swap G and E Series Compressor VCAs independently per channel with the click of a mouse.
- Expander/Gate features continuously variable Threshold, Range and Release controls; two alternate Threshold ranges; and an Auto-/Fast-attack toggle.
- Gate features continuously variable Hysteresis control that prevents on-off chattering when input signal level fluctuates around the threshold.
- Expander Invert function lets you hear just the portion of signal that will be gated or expanded, helping you quickly set the most effective threshold.
- Dynamics section can be keyed by an external sidechain input signal.
- Continuously variable THD control adds colorful saturation independently per channel.
- Continuously variable Virtual Gain control adds simulated analog noise independently per channel for extra vintage vibe.
- Comprehensive metering and monitoring facilities incl. M/S solo features.
- EUCON parameter mapping provided for Avid controllers, including the S6 control surface.
The bx_console G plugin for Windows and Mac (VST/VST3/AU/AAX) is on sale for the intro price of $179 USD . Regular price is $299 USD. A fully-function 14-day demo version is available.
Owners of the original bx_console who buy either the G or E series console plugins during the month of September will get a free upgrade to bx_console N when it is released ($29 USD MSRP upgrade).
More information: Plugin Alliance