Plugin Alliance has announced the release of Stage, an effect plugin that enhances the inherent ambience in any source signal by applying advanced spatial and stereo panning algorithms, adding valuable texture, depth, and nuance to stems, mixes, or masters.
Simply put, stage is here to give your mixes that final shine and depth you’ve heard on countless records, drawing out an inherent character you might not have even known your sounds possessed. By leveraging subtle delays, internal phase augmentation and modulation techniques, you can now effortlessly emphasize the natural depth and space of any natural recording or synthesized element. The result is an increase in overall definition and perceived size – all elusive qualities that in the end contribute to a type of sonic weight that will quickly become indispensable to your audio toolkit.
And just how is this possible? Under stage’s hood are mighty psychoacoustic algorithms that power the innovative panning and stereo alteration controls, giving engineers, sound designers, and electronic musicians the ability to sculpt their stereo image with minimal effort and maximum precision. Arrange your tracks from left to right, front to back or even diagonally if you like; enhance the ambience of your masters or go for wildly modulated effects. stage can do it all!
- Versatile acoustical enhancement for a large variety of sources – from single tracks to full mixes.
- Remarkable stereophonic augmentation that expands the potential of internal M/S processing while increasing perceived depth, size and texture.
- Input section, with stereo corrective tools like M/S blend and L/R tilt, easily and quickly changes the balance between mid, side, left and right information of the source material.
- Pan section with two sophisticated algorithms that allow for accurate panoramic adjustment of mono and stereo sources.
- Ambience section that facilitates subtle or extreme stereo width enhancement, tone coloration, and creative frequency modulation effects.
- Perceptually optimized and source-dependent Colour module that features four intelligent filters for fine tuning the processed sound.
- LFO module features two LFOs that can create anything from subtle motion to wild modulation effects.
- GUI contains a virtual soundstage to intuitively visualize and adjust all spatial parameters.
- An innovative routing system that allows for the wet and dry signals to be monitored either in tandem or separately.
Stage for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/AAX) is available for an introductory price of $99 USD until August 31st, 2017 (regular $179 USD).