Plugin Boutique has released Carbon Electra, a powerful and intuitive synth built by producers, for producers.
It’s a four-oscillator subjective synth with a modern feature set. It has been developed as an advanced learning tool whilst also being a powerful and easy to program synth. Being based on vintage analogue routing and featuring flexible modulation options including an editable stepper and note performer.
The graphical displays act as a comprehensive information tool aswell as an accurate guide to each parameter change. Best of all, it sounds incredible.
Carbon Electra features
- Powerful synth engine that is easy to learn and use with no hidden menus.
- 4 Analog style sync-able oscillators with adjustable pulse width, frequency modulation and multiple wave types including pitch-able noise.
- Informative physics based graphic displays with comprehensive info pane.
- 6 filter types including powerful vocal filter with filter drive and saturation.
- Simple, incredibly usable and useful FX section, like having a bunch of great guitar pedals.
- Editable step sequencer that can be assigned to pitch, volume or cut off independently or simultaneously with various wave types and edit mode allowing node creation and line curves.
- Over 600 factory presets covering sequences, chords, motions, bass, leads, keys, pads and effects.
- Ability to run the amp section “too hot” into the built in optional limiter at the main output, creating a modern hyper-compressed sound.
- Super flexible unison control ranging from subtle warmth to massive super saw or super square sound.
- Multiple stereo width parameters allowing high precision control of the stereo field.
Carbon Electra for Windows and Mac (VST/AU) is available for purchase for £59 GBP / $99 USD.