Plugin Boutique has released an update to the Scaler 2 inspirational and powerful music theory workstation that gives you access to a world of new ideas, expressions and melodies.
Version 2.2 includes new Bass and Melody modes, new performances, humanizing quantize & swing presets, new Synthwave chord progression presets, and much more.
With powerful detection of MIDI and audio, Scaler 2 can determine what key and scale you’re in and suggest chords that match your music. The plugin helps you discover the perfect melody with performance expressions, and can even suggest ways to change from one key to another.
Changes in Scaler v2.2
- Bass mode:
- More than 100 bass lines in many genres (Funk, House, Jazz, Pop, Rock, Synthwave, Trance, Urban).
- 7 new bass sounds (Bass Guitar, Chorus Bass, FM Bass, Jazz bass, Retro Bass, Saw Bass, Tight Bass).
- Melody mode
- More than 100 melody lines to choose from.
- New keyswitch for live-switching between melody parts.
- New re-trigger and follow behaviours when switching chords before the end of an expression pattern.
- Quantize and Swing – Align played notes on a grid or apply a global swing of various note lengths.
- Enhanced Progression Editing.
- Ability to create groups of chords.
- Ability to customise all playback parameters per group
- UI Update
- Quick Navigation – Switch between the various screens from the quick navigation menu or use keyboard shortcuts to navigate even faster.
- Update the expression selectors to accommodate new playback modes.
- Increase the size of copy/move icons when dragging chords.
- Add notifications when dragging chords outside Scaler while bind or perform mode are active.
- Other Improvements
- Reduce playback interruptions when switching parameters live.
- Sustain MIDI CC message can now be consumed internally or passed through.
- Prevent a crash when loading user chordsets.
- Prevent a crash when using Keys-Lock.
- Prevent a crash when creating a chord from an empty pattern in Pad View.
- Add 16 beats chord duration.
- Syncing between Scaler instances now conserves Humanize settings.
- Prevent notes from being cut-off when using Keys-Lock – Chord Notes or Chord Extension profiles.
- Prevent the fretboard view from triggering keyswitch.
- Overall stability and performances improvements.
Available for Windows and Mac in VST/VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats, Scaler 2 costs $59 USD. The update is free for all Scaler 2 owners.
More information: Plugin Boutique