Plugin Boutique has announced an update to the Scaler 2 inspirational and powerful music theory workstation that is designed to give you access to a world of new ideas, expressions and melodies.
Version 2.4.1 includes various new features, improvements and fixes.
With powerful detection of MIDI and audio, Scaler 2 can determine what key and scale you’re in and suggest chords that match your music. The plugin helps you discover the perfect melody with performance expressions, and can even suggest ways to change from one key to another.
Changes in Scaler 2.4.1
- Content & Playback:
- New Common Phrases (Basic, Chordal & Progression).
- New Basic Performances.
- Improve timing precision – Fix timing offset in recorded performance, prevent short notes from being added to recorded MIDI at looping points and prevent hung notes.
- Add the ability to Quantize and Latch chords with Perform mode OFF.
- Fix “Chord+Melody” playback to avoid creating overlapping MIDI notes.
- MIDI Mapping:
- Add the ability to manually select the MIDI CC to map from a dropdown when creating an action.
- Add the ability to map “MIDI Panic” to a command binding.
- Add the ability to bind dropdown menus’ “Previous” / “Next” command to a MIDI CC.
- Add new assignable commands for keyswitch actions (toggle chord/scale mode, toggle chord mute, switch melody patterns).
- Add the ability to disable keyswitch (green keys) from the side menu.
- Add the ability to override an existing command mapping.
- Other Improvements:
- Fix – Extracted Voicing – Avoid creating an extra gap in octave when re-voicing extended chords.
- Include inversions when exporting MIDI markers (slash chords).
- Fix multi-selection not applying changes when modifying multiple chords in EDIT matrix.
- Keys-Lock – “Scale Notes Mapped” profile now prioritize the natural position of each mapped note correctly.
- Forcing a chord set into a scale now refreshes the chord colors and Section B properly.
- Multi-selection of chords are now moved properly when dragged from a Section C pattern into an empty pattern.
- Fix an issue causing the Keys-Lock settings to be lost when entering/exiting the Chord-Edit view.
- Dragging a single chord with an expression ON now exports the duration of a single chord instead of the duration of the whole pattern.
- Fix a bug in the generation of modulation pathways creating duplicate suggestions in Modulation Popup.
- Fix an issue preventing the transposition of “Community” chord sets.
- Fix an issue causing the “…” button to appear in the wrong location.
- The “MOD” button in the Quick-Navigation menu is now disabled when using an unsupported scale.
Scaler 2 is available for Windows and Mac in VST/VST3, AU and AAX plugin formats, priced $59 USD. The update is free to existing users of Scaler 2.
More information: Plugin Boutique