Plugin Boutique has released an update to the Scaler 2 software for finding chords and progressions.
Scaler 2 is an inspirational and powerful music theory workstation that gives you access to a world of new ideas, expressions and melodies. With powerful detection of MIDI and audio, Scaler 2 can determine what key and scale you’re in and suggest chords that match your music.
The plugin helps you discover the perfect melody with performance expressions, and can even suggest ways to change from one key to another.
Changes since Scaler 2.0.2
- Prevent Scaler from hanging when reloading a saved project in Cakewalk – Windows.
- Editing a chord voicing does not reset its custom playback settings anymore.
- Add ability to Enable/Disable blinking effects.
- All font size have been slightly increased.
- Add ability to select between 3 font sizes (Small, Default, Large).
- Shift-Click on a chord from your progression now opens Chord Editor.
- Further timing calculation improvement: Scaler 2 is now more accurate and consistent across the different trigger/capture modes: Live triggers, Section Playback, MIDI Capture, MIDI Output.
- Prevent hung notes when dragging chords outside of Scaler in some DAW.
- Prevent hung notes when holding a key not yet bound then activating bind.
- Fix an issue causing dropped notes when arpeggiating chords with a voicing profiles applied.
- Prevent the Settings menu from appearing behind other UI elements.
- [2.0.6] Fretboard notes can now be used to create/edit chords.
- [2.0.6] Fix a timing calculation causing Scaler internal tempo to drift.
- [2.0.6] Fix a timing calculation causing Scaler to drift from DAW tempo when using DAW Sync.
- [2.0.6] Improve latch and quantise behaviour.
- [2.0.6] Prevent crash when voice-grouping chords with non-academic voicings.
- [2.0.6] Improve compatibility for users without OpenGL support.
- [2.0.6] Prevent crash of ScalerAudio 2 in Cubase.
- [2.0.5] Fix crash/hang when using the “Explore common scale” function.
- [2.0.5] Side Menu now reopen automatically after closing the UI or changing font..
- [2.0.5] Fix multiple focus issue causing Scaler to steal keystrokes destined to the DAW.
- [2.0.5] Windows installer now displays version number on install.
- [2.0.5] Fix a playback issue causing some audio clicks on specific samples (Detroit).
- [2.0.4] Fix crash in MIDI detection with single notes.
- [2.0.4] Fix a playback issue causing some audio clicks on specific samples (Housey).
- [2.0.4] Audio detection now uses the sample rate of the dropped file every time and switch back automatically to the DAW sample rate for the live detection to continue.
- [2.0.4] Multi select changes can now be reverted in one single undo action.
- [2.0.3]Fix timing of the registration popup in demo mode.
- [2.0.3]Fix (rare) crash when swapping between multiple instances.
- [2.0.3]Added FREQ and Bro Beatz chordsets.
The update is available to registered users. Scaler 2 is currently on sale at the intro price of $49 USD until July 1st (regular $59 USD). The upgrade from Scaler is $19 USD.
More information: Plugin Boutique