DDMF has launched Plugindoctor, a cross-platform and cross-bitformat plugin analyzer for VST and AU plugins.
Plugindoctor is an all-encompassing plugin analyzer that lets you test the audio quality of a plugin and see in detail what exactly is done to your audio material.
Intended to be used by fellow audio software developers and power users alike, this standalone Mac/Windows program fill a longstanding gap in the market: a cross-platform, cross-bitformat VST and AU plugin analyzer.
See whether that EQ really has such a unique frequency response, whether your compressor’s attack and release curves look reasonable or your limiter introduces unacceptable amounts of distortion. If you are interested in the technical and mathematical side of audio plugin development, this will be a great tool for you.
- Highest quality, double precision FFT engine, independent stereo channel analysis.
- Linear analysis: magnitude and phase response using delta or random input signal.
- Harmonic analysis: highly accurate frequency response analysis to a sinusoidal input signal. Input strength and frequency can be varied for THD/THD+N calculation. Switchable intermodular distortion modus..
- Oscilloscope: watch what happens to a sinusoidal input signal in real time..
- Dynamics: use a ramping signal to test compression or expansion, or an attack-release signal to check your compressor’s attack and decay curves..
- Performance: how many milliseconds are really spent in your plugin’s audio processing callback (as a function of buffer size).
- Freely resizable user interface.
- Three quality settings, corresponding to three different FFT buffer sizes.
- Storage option of curves in Linear and Harmonic analysis mode for easy comparison of settings or of different plugins.
- Built-in screenshot function.
- Comes as a 32 and a 64 bit executable.
- Can load VST and (on Mac) AU effect plugins.
Powerdoctor is available for Windows and Mac, priced at $19 USD. Owners of other DDMF products get a 50% discount via a discount code sent out via email.
A free demo version is available for download.
More information: DDMF