Polyend has announced the release of a firmware update for its Tracker standalone hardware tracker workstation, adding the timely introduction of onboard games into an otherwise musical mix, allowing users to take a breather from music-making and refill their creative juices.
Tracker incorporates the quintessential characteristics of a classic software tracker as its vertical timeline, powerful sequencer, and mechanical keyboard combine with an innovative input interface design to make and perform music in a new and intuitive way.
Firmware version 1.3.0 includes new MIDI CC input, MIDI micro-tuning effects, tuning effects, MIDI chord functionality, and much more. Tracker users can now also enjoy playing onboard games gifted to them by Polyend.
A retro form factor updated with forward looking functionality and designed as an easy to use compact standalone workstation. Made for creatives who break patterns on a daily basis. Designed to help artists forge unique avenues of sonic construction. Introducing the first hardware tracker in the music world.
Changes in Tracker firmware v1.3.0
- Per step MIDI Chords.
- MIDI Microtune step Fx.
- Performance mode is now controllable via MIDI input.
- Master mixer levels are now controllable via MIDI input.
- Tracker can now be configured to send 6 distinct MIDI CCs per MIDI channel.
- Added support for sending MIDI channel aftertouch and polyphonic aftertouch.
- MIDI instruments in Pattern mode can now be present without a note (specify which MIDI channel to send CC).
- MIDI delay compensation for external clock sources in Config.
- Tune step Fx.
- Track Arm Recording.
- Live Audio Line Input Monitoring is now available during song playback.
- Long Sample Importing.
- Lo-quality Importing (saves sample pool memory time).
- Delete unused samples.
- Timestretch Fx in Sample Editor.
- Bit depth available as step and Performance Fx’s.
- Transpose octaves by turning the Jog-wheel with Shift in note editing.
- Enhanced Pattern Fill command: Euclidean fills, density setting in Random fills.
- Rewritten from scratch rendering mechanism.
- 5-band master EQ.
- Bass booster.
- Stereo enhancer.
- Updated Limiter with gain reduction meter.
- Line Input can now be a Sidechain source for the Limiter.
- Onboard games are now available to catch a breather from a hard day of music-making.
Polyend’s Preset preset recaller and sequencer (now with Euclidean sequencing implementation) is now open source, so expect even more flexible functionality to be happening as a result, while French next-generation musical instruments manufacturer Expressive E’s Carbon sound expansion is now available for Medusa, the Dreadbox and Polyend Hybrid Synthesizer.
Tracker is priced 499 EUR / $599 USD.
More information: Polyend