Positive Grid has announced the launch of BIAS, the world’s most complete, accurate and versatile guitar amplifier modeler and designer for iPad.
Equipped with 36 stunning replications of rock ‘n’ roll history’s most sought-after vintage and modern amps, Positive Grid’s new iPad app lets musicians dive deep into the guts of their gear to tweak every possible aspect of their architecture.
“Ask any guitarist what’s most important in a guitar amp app, and you’ll get the same answer: great tone,” says BIAS Product Manager Calvin Abel. “We didn’t think we’d be pushing the boundary by merely adding more bells and whistles to an amp simulator, so we threw out convention and focused instead on how to create the most delicious tone in as many flavors as possible. The result is BIAS, which allows guitarists to change preamp tube types, edit preamp voicing, adjust bias, audition various transformer types, swap out loudspeakers and cabinets, move microphone placement and much, much more. Never before have guitarists had such a broad palette to create their own dream amps and distinctive signature sounds.”
- The most complete, accurate and versatile amp modeling available in the world.
- 36 factory authentic amp models (28 guitar, four bass and four keyboard/vocal) included with the introductory release, plus the ability to custom-design a near-infinite variety of new topologies.
- Factory categories organize amps by music genre and sonic impact: clean, blues, twang, crunch, metal, insane, acoustic and bass.
- Fully customizable preamps, tone stacks, power amps, transformers, cabinets, panel controls and mic selection and placement—mix and match!.
- Works the way guitarists think: tweak gain and overdrive, swap out tubes and transformers, change the cabinet and mic position, and shape the tone with different tone stacks and two eight-band equalizers.
- Included room simulator adds depth and natural ambience.
- Included noise gate nips noise in the bud with high-gain setups.
- Save a virtually unlimited number of custom amps.
- Quick presets recall up to eight favorites in turn with just one tap.
- Seamless integration with Positive Grid JamUp Pro XT with one finger tap.
- Works with GarageBand and other audio apps via Inter-App Audio and Audiobus.
- Designed for iOS7.
The BIAS app is available to purchase for $19.99 USD.
More information: Positive Grid