Positive Grid has announced the release of BIAS FX Desktop, the world’s first and only cross platform guitar amp-and-effects processor for Mac and Windows.
For the first time ever, users will be able to record and re-amp integrating BIAS Amp Match models -capturing the tone from any real amp- in dual amp mode, add ultra-high definition effects configurations in dual signal chains, and share and download thousands of rigs right on ToneCloud, Positive Grid’s tone sharing platform.
Cross platform concept
With its groundbreaking cross platform design, BIAS FX overall operation and presets can be synced all across Mac, Windows and iOS devices for instant access anywhere, any time. For the first time, musicians are able to achieve high quality amp and effects tones in the studio with BIAS FX Desktop, and bring the same exact sound for live performances with BIAS FX Mobile.
BIAS FX represents a stunning multi-platform tone evolution that includes both modern and classic rigs such as digital, spring, and stereo delays, tube screamers, fuzz, tremolo, analog and stereo chorus, flanger, several studio quality rack modules, and much more.
BIAS Amp Integration
BIAS FX Desktop opens up a whole new level of performance and recording: dual amps replicate the huge tone of two real amps set up together; dual signal chains provide 2 fully independent effect paths running in parallel. And when integrated with BIAS Amp (available separately), users can select a different preamp, power amp, cab, mic and eq for each of. But the tone doesn’t end there: users can also download any Amp Match models from BIAS Amp, accurately capture any real amp tone, and run them in dual amp configurations to create a never ending amp tone creation tool.
Thousands of rigs from the cloud
ToneCloud allows musicians to share and download thousands of user and artists rigs right from the cloud. Positive Grid continues to work with producers, engineers, and world class artists to create an ever growing tone library of amazing sounding rigs. Signature ToneCloud presets include Ola Englund, Rusty Cooley, Mark Holcomb, and the latest addition to Positive Grid’s roster, guitar sensation Tosin Abasi. Users are able to perform, record, and re-amp using any of the factory, user, and ToneCloud presets in BIAS FX.
BIAS FX Desktop features
- Unrivalled, analog-like sound quality.
- Extremely intuitive drag-and-drop operation makes BIAS FX a breeze to use.
- 25 virtual effect pedals use high-definition sound-processing algorithms (BIAS FX).
- 50 virtual effect pedals use high-definition sound-processing algorithms (BIAS FX Professional).
- 10 ultra-professional rack processors that sound like high-end analog gear (BIAS FX Professional).
- 12 classic amps (BIAS FX) expandable to infinite with BIAS Amps.
- 64 classic amps (BIAS FX Professional) expandable to infinite with BIAS Amps.
- Full integration with BIAS Amp adds unprecedented control over designing your own fully customized dream amps and lets you clone the sound of live-miked and pre-recorded amps.
- Dual signal path and dual-amp processing.
- Splitter switches between and combines dual signal paths, adjusting the level and frequency range for each path to give you greater tone-shaping possibilities.
- Included tuner and metronome.
- Live View mode lets you recall any preset with a single tap or click and toggle on/off any single footpedal or category of footpedals (such as all delay pedals) with one click.
- Pedalboard View shows all the effects and amps in the currently loaded preset at once, for quick access to all their controls; it also gives your ToneCloud buddies a Pinterest-like snapshot of the preset you’ve uploaded to share with them.
- Cloud-based platform gives guitarists instant access to thousands of pedalboards and rigs.
- Presets are synced across all your desktop and mobile devices for instant access anywhere, anytime.
- Global Settings optimizes BIAS FX’s output to sound the best in any environment—including sending to a mixer, amp head or combo or stack power amp—by letting you EQ and selectively deactivate the app’s preamp, tonestack, power amp and cab separately for each destination.
- MIDI Learn assigns continuous controllers to any switch or knob in BIAS FX.
BIAS FX Desktop for Windows and Mac (VST/AU/RTAS/AAX) is available for purchase for $99 USD (BIAS FX), $199 USD (BIAS FX Professional) and $349 USD (BIAS Pro Bundle).