Sound Dust has released Prepared Pianet, a virtual Pianet T instrument library for Native Instruments Kontakt.
This little marvel comprises three instrument sets – acoustic, muted and amped. Each set features a number of fully tweakable sounds which can be edited, blended together and given the full Sound Dust treatment to create your own unique Prepared Pianet.
As with all Sound Dust instruments the Prepared Pianet is rich with possibility. The audible charms and eccentricities of classic tine and pickup electric pianos are utilised and brought under the control of the player as never before.
Prepared Pianet features
- Acoustic Pianet – very tricky to record because these things are very quiet – 6 velocity layers of close mic-ed tines.
- Muted Pianet – a delicate finger layed expertly on each tine and recorded through a Warm Audio Tone Beast preamp – 6 velocity layers.
- Amped Pianet – nice long resonant notes, clean or amped – 4 velocity layers.
- Individual controls for octave, volume, sample start, pan, stereo width, attack curve, ADSR, vibrato and reverb send per pianet.
- 960 24-bit mono samples = 280MB with Native Instruments propriety compression.
- 24 custom convolution reverbs per piano.
- 4 fully controllable instrument effects – chorus, rotor, phaser and master algorithmic reverb.
- Master FX page – master EQ, tape and valve modelling plus transient designer.
- Keyboard Velocity and Round Robin modelling page.
- 3 Kontakt instruments – Prepared Pianet, 3 X Muted Pianets and 3 X Acoustic Pianets.
- 46 instrument snapshots.
- Handy build in instructions in RTFM page.
Prepared Pianet for Kontakt 5.5.1 or higher (full version) is available at an introductory 20% discount with coupon code HARDTINES at checkout, until August 7th, 2016 (regular £30 GBP).