Propellerhead Software has announced version 4 of their flagship product Reason.
Reason has reached the next level. Stronger, swifter and smoother to work with, Reason 4 will alter the way you create your music. Reason’s new devices and features will not only inspire you to produce great tracks, they will provide you with new ways of doing so.
Some new additions to Reason 4 are:
- Thor, a polysonic synthesizer featuring six different oscillator types and four unique filters
- RPG-8, a brand new unit dedicated to the art of arpeggiation
- ReGroove mixer, a unique device dedicated to one thing: the groove
- New Sequencer, with features and functions added which all strive toward making your Reason experience smoother and snappier
- A lot more: Localization, additions to the Factory Sound Bank, Signature patches, Tool Window and Combinator & NN-XT updates
There is no release date set yet. Reason 4 entered beta testing on 19 June 2007 and testing will continue until all bugs have been fixed (usually 8 to 10 weeks). When the beta testing is over, it takes about 8 weeks for production and shipping before the new version becomes available.
The price for the full version of Reason remains the same at EUR449 / USD 499 and there is a discounted upgrade (EUR99 / USD129) available for owners of previous versions of Reason.
Visit Propellerhead Software for more information on Reason 4.