PSP Audioware has announced the release of PSP N2O, a semi-modular multi-effect plug-in for Windows and Mac.
This semi-modular multi-effect offers unparalleled flexibility and total sound creation freedom in a compact plug-in. The high-quality sound processing modules can be routed in any configuration, allowing for endless musical journeys. While built upon the same basic concept as PSP Nitro, PSP N2O, with its new modules and extended modulation features, explores completely new sonic areas. The plug-in engine has been rewritten and redesigned from scratch in order to improve the sound and take full advantage of the optimizations offered by modern CPUs. The enhanced user interface improves the experience of both sound designers creating their own soundscapes as well as everyday users who aren’t as fond of looking under the hood.
PSP N2O features
- Up to four sound processing operators at a time; among the available types are: morphing resonant and formant filters, eq, delay, reverb, pitch-shifter, compressor/expander, bitcrusher, distortion, full-wave rectifier and many more.
- Up to four modulators at a time; the list includes: LFO, envelope detector, ADSR step sequencer.
- Eight assignable knobs with quick MIDI learn option for convenient access to the most essential preset parameters.
- Built-in limiter that uses algorithms from our extremely well regarded PSP Xenon hi-definition mastering limiter.
- Three displays, simplified modulation setup, keyboard and mouse wheel support for easy preset creation and tweaking.
- Animated response plots.
- Sidechain (key) input.
- Extensive SSE optimization.
- 192 factory presets.
- Expandable architecture – new operators and modulator types to be added in future versions while preserving backward compatibility.
PSP N2O is available to purchase for $149 USD. A crossgrade offer for PSP Nitro users is available at $69 USD until 31 December, 2010. The upgrade is free of charge for users who bought the PSP Nitro after 1 October, 2010. (prices exclude taxes).